7 Good Reasons Why Every Student Should Take an SAT or ACT Prep Course
- 1Your success in the job market is largely determined by where you go to school, and that in part is determined by your board scores.
- 2College enrollment increases every year, so there's always increased competition to get into top programs. High scores can make it happen.
- 3Prep courses have been shown to be highly effective, so those who take them gain a competitive advantage over other college applicants.
- 4Board scores are the most objective measure a college has of your abilities as a student and thus of your potential for success after admission.
- 5Board scores also affect financial aid packages as colleges become more selective with their awards, especially when loans and grants are scarce.
- 6Repeated testing in the absence of a prep course is unlikely to result in significantly improved scores, and flat line scores may hurt a student's application.
- 7Overall, the cost of a prep course is negligible compared with your future earnings as a college graduate.
“Chance favors the prepared mind.”
At Educational Planning Associates, we believe in planning ahead for college, and we regard the test prep as a crucial first step in the college admission process. Our SAT and ACT prep programs are based on 20 years of experience with standardized tests, and our aim is to ensure our students not only raise their test scores significantly, but graduate our program with a positive outlook on education and a lifelong appreciation for the value of planning ahead.